Saturday, September 8, 2012

Summertime in Seattle

Seattle Instagrams Seattle Instagrams Seattle Instagrams Seattle Instagrams Seattle Instagrams Seattle Instagrams

Seattle in the summertime just gives and gives and gives and I filled my cup with as much of its northwest magic as I could manage. I wandered through gardens and on the beach. I chased babies who were crawling (!) and teething and finding their voices. I spent a ton of time with family and friends, I ate blackberries (and figs and plums) warm from the sun until I gave myself a stomach ache and then I took them and made two types of jam and crisp and cobbler. Then I had a fancy cocktail at the newly opened Essex, ate A LOT of pastries and had the good fortune to meet the lovely Ashley Rodriguez in person and I have her to thank for my new kouign amann obsession. It was everything I wanted and more, more than I can say.

See you next week with a few summery recipes to end the season right!

p.s. All of these photos were taken with my iPhone and edited with the VSCO Cam App, my personal favorite. Many of them were posted on Instagram, sorry for the repeats if you follow me there. I just loved them too much to leave them off of the blog.

11 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Seattle and these pictures make me want to visit even more. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time! I was there a couple of weeks ago and felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these, looks so dreamy full of yummy fruits and vegetables, flowers galore. My kind of place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks beautiful! you're getting me all excited for summer Down Under! x Hannah ps. enjoy your jam

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had such an amazing trip! welcome back to nyc. :)

    it's been a good (nearly) five years since i moved, but i'm getting really, really excited to go back in a couple months. prime picking season will be over i know, but the food, the scenery, and the coast will more than make up for it. seriously, i'm going to be so cautious about what i'll be eating for the next two months just so i can stockpile the pastries once i get there! dreaming about it now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! Seattle is a city I've really wanted to visit but haven't been to yet.

    Btw, the prior comment is me. I commented with my google account but meant to use wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those gorgeous photos all looks so familiarly Northwest. Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yos, I love that picture of your dad. His hands look strong and yet gentle enough to pluck ripe blackberries from the prickly vines. I miss you already and I'm making your crisp fo a dinner party this weekend.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous. I recently happened upon your blog and love it! I love your photos and recipes! I have made quite a few of them now (as I try to learn to cook as a new stay at home mom.) I made my son's first birthday cake from your blackout chocolate cake recipe. delicious! thank you!
    I'm going to attempt this one as my husband LOVES rubarb and crips!!!
    Just wanted to let you know you're making my life easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki -Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. It is always so great to hear that people are cooking recipes from the blog and it is especially nice to hear that your family enjoyed them!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!