1 Apt. 2B Baking Co.: Chouquettes

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chouquettes







I'm a big time sucker for specialty baking ingredients and edible souvenirs so when I saw this sugar in a little Parisian shop I knew I had to have it. It wasn't until I returned from my trip that I learned what it was for, and my goodness chouquettes are good. All it takes is a bit of choux pastry coated with crunchy pearl sugar and baked until golden brown and crunchy. There are quite a few recipes to be found for these guys, but I used one from a favorite blog of mine, Chocolate and Zucchini.

p.s. You can find pearl sugar in many online stores and at IKEA in their Swedish food market.

3 comments:

  1. Your choices in recipes and capturing food in photos is really splendid. I'm so glad I found your baking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was I with you at that little Parisian shop?! Jet-setter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!